2.28.2012

{New art}

These are my encaustic paintings from the class that I took a week-and-a-half ago. I've finally gotten around to taking {albeit not the greatest} pics of them. 


The class was actually called "Encaustic collage" so I had some fun using some of my vintage photos and vintage fabrics. The queen anne's lace was a new technique that I learned. We learned how to do image transfers with photocopies. I am so glad that I learned how to do this technique properly and I can't wait to do some more!


I used the image transfer here as well and I got to use some of my beach pottery as well as some of my birch bark in this piece.


This was the last piece that I did in class. It was COMPLETELY outside of my comfort zone but I love how it looks so far. {I'm not quite sure that I'm done with it though.} I did the image transfer AGAIN {didn't realize I had done it on all 3 pieces until the end...} and the circles were done using a stencil. The circles came out irregular which was driving me crazy because I felt they looked sloppy. I was just about to scrape them off but Sue {the teacher} talked me off the proverbial ledge. She suggested that I use a tool and scrape off just the excess and make them more circular and defined. During that process, I found that I really wasn't wanting the circles to be perfectly circle but that I just needed the edges to be defined. I ended up embracing the irregular-ness of them. I feel that it needs something still, so I'm not sure that I'm quite done with it, but I am happy with the piece so far.

All of these pieces are about 8 X 8" and are hung on the back with wire. If you are interested in any of them, feel free to contact me at: jennifer.lennox{at}hotmail.com.  
"{ }" removed and @ inserted of course;)

No comments:

Post a Comment